VANILLA PROTEIN BALLS
I often get asked what my favourite snack recipes are and this one could be a strong contender at the moment… No joke guys – these are DIVINE! They are super easy to whip up and in batches and keep in the fridge as your go-to snacks for the week.
These little balls are a good source of protein and essential fats, making them an energy dense snack. If you are a snacker (like me), these are great to take on the go to help satisfy feelings of hunger in between meals.
Note: You will need a food processor or powerful blender.
- 150g tinned chickpeas (drained)
- 30g walnuts
- 40g almonds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 25g vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp honey
- Cashew milk (add this gradually until you achieve the right consistency, details in method)
- 60g dark chocolate (optional)
METHOD (makes approx raw 10 balls)
- Add the nuts and chickpeas to your food processor and pulse until the nuts are ground down. Add the protein powder, cinnamon, coconut oil and honey and continue to blend. Start to add the cashew milk by tablespoons (1 at a time) until to achieve a thick and moulded texture, in which the ingredients is well bound.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop the mixture out into individual balls – using your hands to mould them.
- Place on a sheet of baking paper and allow to cool / set in the fridge for half an hour.
- If you are going to give your balls a chocolate coating, melt your chocolate and drizzle over the top of the balls and leave to set in the fridge for at least an hour.
To stay up to date with my recipes please subscribe to my website and follow my instagram page @sophieshealthykitchen 🙂 x