Need to prep your lunch? Can’t think of something quick, easy and deliciously nutritious? I got you covered!
To get the most out of a lunch box, I like to make sure its well balanced and contains carbs, protein, essential fats and veggies! And of course tastes delicious! I always get messages on Instagram asking for on the go lunch ideas and whilst I have many recipes, I thought it would be helpful to put them all in one place! So below are my top 5 lunch box recipes to help get you through the week… (I recommend making
Herb tofu with mixed grains, wheat berries & greens
Simply steam the veg and add the tofu and grains cold, ready to heat up at work!
This one is super easy to cook and then reheat at work but you can also eat it cold and on the go!
Ingredients: 125g cooked quinoa, 3 beetroot falafels, 100g cooked black beans, 80g steamed asparagus
Bean & Lentil stew
This can be made in batches to freeze in lunch boxes too!
- BEAN & LENTIL STEW (serves 3-4)
- 1 x 400g tin of Black beans, drained
- 1 x 400g tinned chickpeas, drained
- 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 200g Green lentils, dry
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 x 400g tinned Tomatoes
- 400ml Vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀1. In large pot add vegetable broth and lentils.
2. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to med-low and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. While lentils are cooking, in a large pan add olive oil, onion, red pepper, and garlic.
4. Saute 5-6 minutes until softened.
5. When lentils have simmered for 20 minutes, add the mix from the pan and remainder of ingredients to lentils pot.
6. Simmer the stew for 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7. Do occasional taste tests and add more or less spice to your liking. Add to your lunch boxes!
8. Serving mine with freekah – Enjoy!
Plant based box
- 125g mixed brown rice and quinoa (cooked)
- 100g black beans, cooked
- 100g chickpeas, cooked,
- 160g mixed greens
- 3 tbsp tomato and basil pasta sauce – I use one straight from the jar!
Buddha bowl style
Here it is pretty simple – you choose a grain, a protein and some veggies! For this bowl you will need a mix of brown rice and lentils (around 125g in total – cooked), 30-40g of grilled halloumi, 4 veggie falafels, spinach leaves and steamed broccoli. Bang it in a lunchbox and you’re good to go!
My Vegetable pasta recipe is also a great one to box up and enjoy hot or cold!
To keep up with new recipes, make sure you follow me @sophieshealthykitchen