Overnight oats are a fabulous breakfast to prep the night before so you have something nutritious to wake up to that requires simply opening the fridge! And these flavours are just divine…
- 50g oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- A pinch of cinnamon
- 250ml milk of choice (I used oat)
- 1 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 1 tsp peanut butter
- A handful of frozen blueberries
- Desiccated coconut
- Blueberry compote
- Sliced banana
- More peanut butter
- Place the oats in a bowl or jar and mix with the chia seeds and cinnamon.
- Add in the milk, yoghurt and peanut butter and mix together.
- Add the frozen blueberries last, mix gently and cover in the fridge overnight.
- When ready to eat, gently warm some frozen blueberries in the microwave for the topping.
- Add this on top of your bowl alongside the peanut butter, sliced banana and desiccated coconut and enjoy!
An easy savoury, vegan breakfast option that comes together in no time!
- 200 g firm tofu
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6-7 Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Handful of spinach, chopped
- 60 ml milk of choice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- Black pepper
- Salt (optional: use kala namak for an ‘eggy’ flavour)
- 1 tbsp oil
- To serve: bread (I used sourdough), sliced avocado, lime
Method (serves 2)
- In a pan over medium heat, sauté the onions and garlic in oil for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the cherry tomatoes, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the milk, nutritional yeast, cumin, turmeric and black pepper in a jug and set aside.
- Crumble the tofu with your hands or a fork directly into the pan and then add the milk mixture.
- Mix together and cook until the tofu absorbs the liquid.
- Finally add the spinach and season with salt to taste.
- Serve on toast with sliced avocado and a squeeze of lime.