This is the ultimate cosy autumnal recipe! Fab for batch cooking and freezing!⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- 2 large sweet potatoes, chopped into cubes (you can leave the skin on)
- 200g green lentils
- 1 x 400g tin black beans
- 1 x 400g tin kidney beans
- 1 x 400g tin butter beans
- 1 x 400g tinned tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 250ml vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large pan, heat the olive oil over a medium to high heat. Add the onions and cook for a few minutes then add the spices.
2. Add the tinned tomatoes, sweet potatoes, lentils and vegetable broth and bring to a low to medium heat. Drain and rinse the 3 different beans and add to the pan. Cover the pan and leave to simmer on a low heat for 30 minutes, stirring every so often.
3. Top up with water if it starts to become a little dry. Make sure the sweet potato is soft and you can serve up! ENJOY!