Remind yourself of summer with these delicious strawberries & cream themed oats.
INGREDIENTS (for one):
- 50-60g rolled oats
- 150g strawberries, chopped
- Milk of choice
- 1 tsp of Maple syrup or honey
- a pinch of salt
- Yoghurt of choice for topping (I suggest a thick, creamy one)
- Put the oats and salt in a small saucepan with enough boiling water to cover them.
- Let them sit for 5-10 minutes (this makes the end result even creamier!)
- Cook the oats over a medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add in 3/4 of the strawberries (saving a quarter for the topping) and stir.
- Add a splash of your favourite milk, stir, and cook for another 5 or so minutes (you can keep adding water or milk at this point) until the oats are your desired consistency.
- Pout into a bowl, top with the rest of the strawberries, a dollop of creamy yoghurt and a drizzle of honey or syrup (and some optional pumpkin seeds for crunch!).