The perfect brunch (or dinner) for when you fancy something savoury that comes together in less than 20 minutes.
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp harissa paste
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley, chopped
- In a medium saucepan/skillet add the olive oil and saute the onions on a low heat for a few minutes before adding the crushed garlic.
- Cook the garlic for another minute before adding in the harissa paste, spices and tinned tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Let this simmer on a low heat for 5 or so minutes for the flavours to develop.
- Make 4 wells in the tomato sauce around the edge of the pan and crack each egg into a well.
- Cover the saucepan with a lid and cook the eggs for about 5 minutes (or until the whites have just solidified).
- Garnish with chopped parsley, more salt and pepper and it’s ready to serve.
- Enjoy with crusty bread or warm fluffy pita and serve with a chopped salad and a drizzle of tahini.