I LOVE these things! Raw balls are great for making in batches and keeping in the fridge for when you need a quick healthy snack or energy boost! I’ve been trying lots of different recipes- just throwing different flavours, spices and ingredients into a bowl, and this one I had to share..
The recipe I originally came up with gave just a subtle taste- so I decided to spice is up with some raspberry jam. Then I thought of something better. Instead of the jam (which, depending on which one you use can be quite high in sugar) I decided to add some mashed raspberries for a naturally sweet healthy taste!
Ingredients (makes 12 balls)
- 3/4 of a cup of ground almonds
- 1/4 cup of desiccated coconut
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla paste
- 12 mashed raspberries (or 1 tablespoon of raspberry jam)
- In a bowl, mix together the ground almonds, desiccated coconut and coconut milk.
- Add in the vanilla paste and coconut oil.
- Add the mashed raspberries (or jam) until you reach a doughy paste-like consistency.
- Roll the mixture into 12 evenly sized balls and place in the fridge on baking powder for an hour.
- Enjoy these raw balls chilled! (They will last in the fridge for 4-5 days).