My first recipe of the Autumn season this year and its a good one – Pumpkin Spice truffles! I absolutely love using pumpkin particularly in sweet recipes. These are my favourite balls to make for an after dinner dessert (I always consume about 10 of them!) and it gets even better – I cover them in white chocolate! I have tried it with both white and dark chocolate but I find white is more creamy and dreamy!
Ingredients (makes 12)
- 80 ml coconut cream
- 2 heaped tbsp pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 heaped tbsp coconut flour
- 100g white chocolate
- In a bowl, combine the coconut cream, pumpkin puree and vanilla essence. Use a teaspoon to stir well.
- Add the cinnamon, nutmeg and the coconut flour. Stir the ingredients until it well combined and you achieve a ‘truffle’ like consistency.
- Roll the mix into individual balls and allow to cool in the fridge for up to an hour.
- Melt the white chocolate either over the heat or in a bowl over boiling water.
- Dip the balls into the white chocolate, covering them completely and placing them on baking paper.
- Put back in the fridge and leave to set for an hour. ENJOY!