Happy Thursday guys! I have been trying out so many new different products as of late (all of which have been delicious) and I have now collaborated with the Primal Pantry who kindly sent me a range of their paleo bars to try and work into a new cookie recipe I have developed. The recipe below has incorporated their brazil nut and cherry bar however I have also made these with their coconut and macadamia nut bar which is just as yummy!
Ingredients (makes 10 cookies)
- 1/3 of a cup of coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 a cup of oats
- 2 tablespoons of organic agave nectar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon of flax seed and 3 tablespoons of water)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla paste
- 1/2 a teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 PRIMAL PANTRY BARS
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Mix up the flax seed egg and leave to sit for 5 minutes
- In a bowl, combine the coconut flour, oats and baking powder.
- Then add the coconut oil (melted), agave, vanilla paste and flax seed egg. You may find it easier to combine the mixture with your hands so you achieve a thick dough like consistency.
- Finely cut up one primal pantry bar (your choice of flavour) and work into the mixture.
- Tear off bits of the mix and mould into 10 individual cookies, placing them on baking paper. Cut up the remaining bar and place a small piece on each cookie (as shown in picture). Place the cookies in the oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes until golden.
Enjoy! SHK x