So with Valentines Day coming up it’s nice to ‘share the love’ with some little vegan sweet treats, don’t you think?! I used fresh raspberries in the recipe to achieve a naturally pink colour and alternated with dark chocolate- did you know dark chocolate is an aphrodisiac?
I wanted these raw balls to be flavoursome and sweet! So I rolled in ground almonds, and sweetened with just a little agave. Then I covered the balls in either dark choc (90%) or more desiccated coconut. I also made some little valentine themed truffles with the raspberry mix, by moulding them into some shapes that I had brought- you can see in the photos!
- 1 1/4 cups of ground almonds
- 1/4 cup of organic agave
- 1/4 cup of desiccated coconut
- 8 raspberries (mashed)
- In a bowl, stir the agave into the ground almonds until combined.
- Then mash your raspberries and add to the mixture, stirring in to achieve a naturally raspberry pink colour. Pour in the desiccated coconut and start to mould into a big ball- you may find this easier with your hands.
- Start to tear off the mix to roll into balls.
- At this point you can either roll into the desiccated coconut, or cover in melted dark chocolate.
- Leave the balls to cool in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
Enjoy your vegan raspberry treats!