So I have definitely not been developing new recipes as often as I would like to! I am currently studying my masters in nutrition whilst working part time so haven’t had time to document any new recipes recently… However, matchacircle sent me some of their delicious matcha green tea powder to try and I took the opportunity to mix up something delicious! I have made my own granola before, but thought why not combine it with pretty much my favourite ingredient- pure matcha!
- 1 cup of jumbo oats
- 1/2 a cup of raw pistachios
- 1/2 a cup of raw almonds
- 1/2 a cup of coconut flakes
- 1/4 of a cup of pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons of matcha circle
- 1/4 a cup of honey
- 1/4 of a cup of coconut oil (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper to set aside ready for when the granola is mixed.
- In a bowl, mix together the oats, pistachios, almonds, coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds and matcha green tea powder.
- Pour the honey and coconut oil into the bowl and mix well until all ingredients are combined.
- Transfer the granola mix on to the prepared baking tray with baking paper. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes checking it half way through to toss around the baking sheet.
I consume matcha-green tea on a daily basis not just because its delicious but because of its high antioxidant content. It is also extremely versatile- I drink matcha as a tea, a latte and I have developed loads of raw recipes which you can find on my recipes page.