A warning vegan recipe – Super easy, a good source of plant protein and it makes for tasty leftovers!
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 x 400g tinned tomatoes
- 240g dried red or green lentils
- 80ml vegetable broth
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spaghetti to serve (I used black bean spaghetti)
- In a large pan over medium heat, sauté the onions and carrots in olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and dried thyme and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, broth, and tomatoes and stir to incorporate well. Add the lentils and mix well for 5 to 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce the heat and let simmer for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cook spaghetti according to the pack instructions.
- Divide the cooked spaghetti amongst 4 portions and spoon the lentil mixture on top of each. Enjoy!