It’s pancakeee day! I have been very busy working all day so haven’t had time until now to actually get in the kitchen and make them. However, I have noticed social media going crazy with all their yummy recipes- pancake stacks everywhere. Some healthy, some not so healthy. But don’t worry, as you can probably guess, mine are guilt-free and totally healthy! This banana buckwheat vegan recipe is my own, and one I just love to play around with! You can add banana, blueberries, raspberries, chia seeds- all so nutritious! Like most of my plant-based vegan recipes they are super easy to make and they also taste absolutely delicious. I made these with buckwheat flour, almond milk and mashed banana- complimented each other beautifully!
Ingredients (makes 12 small pancakes)
- 1 cup of buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup of wholewheat self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of dark brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 2 mashed bananas
- In a bowl, combine together the buckwheat and wholewheat flours, the sugar and baking powder.
- In a small jug, combine together the almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Gradually start pouring this into the dry ingredient bowl, stirring gently. Be careful not to over mix.
- Gently stir in the mashed up banana, and leave the mixture for 5-10 minutes… This way you will have a ‘fluffier’ pancake mix.
- Heat a saucepan, and use coconut oil to grease the pan. Spoon on a small amount of mixture (depending on how big you want your pancake) and allow to cook on each side. Once the pancake is cooked, transfer it to a plate and repeat with the rest of the mixture until you have a pile of deliciously healthy vegan pancakes. Top with desired toppings/berries and enjoy!
Tip: do not get distracted or walk away from the saucepan otherwise you risk burning them. Keep an eye on when they need turning and they’ll be cooked to perfection!
I hope you enjoy this banana buckwheat recipe! I enjoyed mine topped with fresh strawberries and blueberries. I also decided to treat myself to some organic blue agave drizzled on top. Berries add a significant amount of antioxidants to your diet as they are high in Vitamin C. Aim to eat berries everyday to detox your system and keep your body happy on the inside!
You can try out my vegan berry pancakes, reading the recipe here.
Happy pancake day!