- 1 egg (flaxseed if vegan)
- 1/2 cup butter (coconut oil if vegan)
- 2 medium mashed bananas
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups spelt or white flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Chocolate topping
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 heaped tsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp plant milk of choice (can also use water)
- Note: if you want it thicker use less liquid
1 Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Melt the butter and add to a bowl with the mashed bananas, maple syrup, vanilla and egg.
2 Mix well and add the flour and baking powder. Fold in the chocolate chips. Line a square baking tin with baking paper (approx 8×8) and pour in the mixture.
3 Bake in the oven for 20 mins. Make the chocolate glaze by mixing all the ingredients in a bowl.
4 Allow the banana bread to cool completely before icing.
5 Once cool – ice and cut into squares… and ENJOY