The tastiest way to use up all those seasonal root veg!
INGREDIENTS (Serves 3-4)
- 1 parsnip, peeled and quartered lengthways
- 1 small squash, peeled and cut into rough chunks
- 3-4 raw beetroot, scrubbed and quartered
- 200g cavolo nero or kale, washed and destemmed
- 1x400g tin lentils, drained and rinsed
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C and line two baking trays.
- Put the chopped parsnip and squash into a large bowl or a bag and add salt, pepper, garlic powder and 1 tbsp oil. Toss well to combine and tip onto a lined baking tray. Use the same bowl/bag to do the same with the beetroot, seasoning with more salt and pepper and a bit more oil.
- Roast the veg for about 45 minutes or until tender and slightly golden brown.
- Meanwhile, gently steam the cavolo nero until tender. Drain and lightly sauté in a pan with a bit of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cavolo nero, roasted veg and lentils to a large bowl. Toss well with the ingredients for the dressing.
- Serve warm and top with chopped parsley or coriander if desired