INGREDIENTS (Makes 12)
- 225g plain flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 65g dairy free butter
- 60g coconut oil
- 1 tbsp icing sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp dairy free milk
- 1 jar of mincemeat (411g)
- Mix together the flour and the salt in a medium bowl. Add in the dairy free butter and coconut oil in cubes/chunks and rub them in with your fingers until the mixture is crumbly.
- Mix in 1 tbsp of icing sugar and 1 tbsp of the dairy free milk and bring the dough together.
- Knead the dough briefly in the bowl then cover and chill in the fridge for 20-30 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 200 degrees C.
- Lightly dust your surface with flour and roll out your dough until it’s only a few millimeters thick. Cut out 12 circles (using an 8cm cutter) and place them in a greased tin.
- Spoon 1 heaped tsp of mincemeat into each pastry case.
- Reroll the remaining dough and cut out 12 more (slightly smaller) shapes of your choosing for the pastry lids then place these on top.
- Mix together 1 tbsp of maple syrup and the remaining 1 tbsp of dairy free milk and use this to glaze the pastry.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown. Leave them to cool in the tin for 5-10 minutes before removing them and letting them cool completely on a wire rack.