INGREDIENTS (for 1)
- 1 small aubergine
- 80g buckwheat soba noodles
- 120g pak choi, washed and cut into slices (leave the core on)
- 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 Spring onion, sliced for garnish
- Sesame seeds for garnish
For the miso glaze:
- 30g white miso
- 30g white wine vinegar
- 20g honey
- Slice the aubergine in half lengthways and score the flesh into small squares.
- In a frying pan over a high heat, add some oil and place the aubergine skin side down. Cook for a few minutes until the skin has turned brown on the bottom.
- Flip it over and cover with a lid. Turn the heat down to medium heat and cook until the aubergine flesh has turned golden brown.
- Turn the heat off and leave the aubergine in the pan with the lid on for about 5 minutes until soft and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix together the ingredients for the miso glaze.
- Place the aubergine on a baking tray and brush it generously with the glaze (there will be some leftover).
- Place under the grill for about 5 minutes until the glaze is bubbling and caramelised (watch it carefully so it doesn’t burn!)
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the package instructions and heat up some oil in a frying pan for the pak choi.
- Add the pak choi, cover with a lid and cook for a few minutes until tender. Add a splash of soy sauce if desired.
- Serve everything in a dish and sprinkle with sesame seeds, spring onion and a drizzle of extra glaze.