The perfect light lunch or snack for the Summer when all you want is something cold, refreshing and crunchy! All the ingredients in these Summer Rolls can be substituted with whatever you like, for example, feel free to use tofu instead of tempeh.
For the tempeh marinade:
- 125g Tempeh
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ lime
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Black pepper
For the rolls:
- 125g Marinaded Tempeh, cut into strips
- 4-5 Rice Paper Sheets (you can find these at any Asian supermarket)
- 1 small carrot, thinly sliced
- Cucumber, thinly sliced
- Bell pepper, thinly sliced
- Red cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ avocado, sliced
For the peanut dip:
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- A squeeze of lime
- Pinch of garlic powder (optional)
- Mix all of the ingredients for the tempeh marinade in a dish or a container.
- Make sure the tempeh is all covered in the marinade and leave it in the fridge for 30 minutes whilst you prepare your vegetables.
- For the dip, simply combine all of the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- After 30 minutes, fry the tempeh over a medium heat with 1 tbsp olive oil until it’s golden brown on both sides.
- Leave the tempeh to cool down slightly before adding it to the rolls.
- Wet your rice paper sheet, following the instructions on the packet (I find not soaking them for too long is key!) and place on a chopping board or large plate.
- Add your veggies and tempeh to the centre of the rice paper sheet. Be careful not to use too much otherwise the roll might tear!
- Start by carefully folding the bottom of the sheet over the filling and making sure it’s quite tight. Then, fold over the left side and the right side and begin to roll forward until it’s sealed. You don’t need to add any more water as the paper will naturally stick to itself.
- Repeat with the rest of the sheets and serve with the peanut dipping sauce.