You can’t beat a good veggie burger… I find them easy to make, super nutritious & totally satisfying! & this recipe doesn’t require a food processor!
- 1 tin black beans, drained and rinsed (drained weight 230g)
- 1 flaxseed egg (1 tbsp flax x 3tbsp water)
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 125g cooked quinoa
- 50g wholemeal flour
- 1/2 garlic salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
Method (serves 3)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan.
- In a bowl, mash the black beans with a fork.
- Add the flaxseed egg and tomato purée, then the quinoa, flour and spices and mix with a spoon.
- Form the mix into 6 burgers and place on a baking tray.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium to high heat and fry each burger on each side for 1 minute.
- Place them onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serving this up with smashed avocado, tomato & lettuce – enjoy!