So I shared a ‘sneak peak’ of this bread on my instagram last week and you guys seemed to really like it (which I am flattered by), therefore I have written out the full recipe so you can enjoy it too! The taste of smooth and creamy peanut butter goes perfectly with the banana in the bread and its a good source of protein; which makes it the perfect snack!
- 2 cups of self-raising wholemeal flour
- 1/3 of a cup of coconut sugar
- 1 scoop of banana protein powder
- 2 large mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 2 medium eggs (or flax seed eggs for vegan option)
- 1 1/4 cups of cashew milk
- 1/2 a cup of ground almonds
- 4 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of crushed walnuts (plus a few extra for the topping)
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- A jar of smooth Whole Earth peanut butter (you won’t need the whole jar- I usually use Meridian peanut butter but I have found for this recipe that whole heart spreads better!
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and line/ grease a 1lb loaf tin. I greased mine with a little coconut oil, however I also sometimes use baking paper to line the tin.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, ground almonds, protein powder and baking powder.
- In a seperate bowl, mash your 2 bananas well and add the vanilla essence, cashew milk, eggs and peanut butter. Gradually add the wet mixture to the dry mix bowl, combing into a smooth mix. You can either do this with a whisk or by hand. Then add the baking powder and apple cider vinegar.
- When the mixture is well combined, pour it into your prepared tin and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Allow the bread to cool for 10 minutes before removing it from the tin and allow it to cool completely before ‘icing’ it. When I say ‘icing’ it, I mean you can cover the top of the bread with your smooth peanut butter. Additionally you can add walnuts on top.
- This will stay fresh for 5 days if you keep it refrigerated in cling film.
Follow me on instagram to see me post recipes daily!