Happy Sunday evening! Hope everyone had a lovely weekend 😀 The weather has been so beautiful that I haven’t made time to write up any blog posts recently… but as promised, here is the recipe for these dark chocolate covered matcha, lemon and coconut balls! I pretty much took all my favourite flavours, mixed them all together, and developed these awesomeee vegan treats that are perfect for keeping in the fridge and snacking on throughout the week. The raw matcha powder and freshly squeezed lemon juice that I added means they are also high in antioxidants. I worked off my original recipe- lemon coconut truffles.
Ingredients (makes 10-12)
- 1 cup of desiccated coconut
- 1/4 of a cup of ground almonds
- 1/4 0f a cup of coconut milk
- 1/2 a teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or agave)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of matcha green tea powder
- 100g of vegan dark chocolate
- In a bowl, combine the desiccated coconut and ground almonds, then mix in the coconut milk.
- Then add the maple syrup, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Mix in well, lightly beating the mixture with a spoon. Add the lemon juice and matcha. Mix the matcha until the whole mixture turns an even green colour. You may find this easier with your hands- squeeze together into one big ball.
- You can then start tearing off the mix to roll into balls. Place the balls onto a plate lined with baking paper and put in the fridge to chill for up to an hour (or freezer for about 20 minutes.
- You can then melt the dark chocolate. Once the balls are chilled, dip each ball into the melted dark chocolate so they are completely covered.
- Leave to chill for an hour, then enjoy!
These will stay fresh in the fridge for up to 5 days (if you haven’t eaten them all already ;))
Follow my instagram to keep up to date with my latest posts.