Happy Monday! I’m back with another recipe for you guys! Super healthy matcha truffles that not only taste great but are perfect for snacking and energy boosting! Firstly, I need to thank Teaforia for sending me such deliciously balanced teas to try out. My obsession with matcha is growing and my favourite recipes to incorporate this green powder into is these raw vegan balls. They are quick and easy to make, and you don’t need a lot of ingredients! For this recipe I used Teaforias premium matcha- you can see the link listed in the ingredients section 🙂
The flavour? Think perfectly tasting green tea mixed with subtle hints of ‘coconutty’ flavours and almonds. These are made with ground almonds which a good sources of plant-based proteins, healthy fats and antioxidants.
So, I have shared a few other recipes with you guys in the past using matcha-green tea, but what’s different about these, is the consistency. These vegan treats are much softer- more like truffles… Healthy ones of course!
Ingredients (makes 6 raw balls)
- 1/2 cup of ground almonds
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon of Premium Japanese organic matcha
- 1/4 cup of desiccated coconut to roll the truffles in
- In a bowl, combine the ground almonds and coconut milk, stirring gently until you achieve a soft paste-like consistency. Then stir Teaforia’s matcha green tea powder.
- Add in the 2 tablespoons of coconut flour, and fold the mixture gently. Adding the coconut flour, will harden the mixture very slightly, allowing you to achieve a consistency that means you can roll in the mixture into 6 evenly sized raw balls.
- You can now roll these truffles in the desiccated coconut, and place on baking paper in the fridge for up to an hour to chill.
- These vegan matcha truffles are perfect to eat straight out the fridge. Keep chilled- they will last up to 5 days.
These raw vegan truffles are perfectly balanced in flavour, and have some great health benefits. They are high in antioxidants which helps detox the body, and aids in getting rid of free radicals. Free radicals can be harmful to the body so it is important that consume foods and drinks that are high in antioxidants regularly. They also contain good sources of vitamin E and magnesium.
To try other Teaforia ground teas, you can head to their website. They have a delicious variety of ground teas that will satisfy your tastebuds! Be sure to also purchase their premium Japanese organic matcha, so you can make these delicious healthy treats for yourself!
You can keep up with my recipes and blog posts by following this blog through the form on my homepage 🙂
Enjoy! SHK x
Other Teaforia teas that I have tried include: Spiced chai, Rooibos, Citrus zen, Ginger ninja and Kyo-matcha latte. See their website for more information about their lovely teas.