To make banana ice-cream (nice-cream) is so simple, so easy and so healthy! All that is needed is 4-5 frozen bananas, 1/4 cup of almond milk and maybe some deliciously healthy toppings…
Method (serves 2)
- Chop your bananas into coins, and place in an airtight container or sealed bag. Leave to freeze overnight.
- Place the frozen bananas in a vitamix/ food processor or powerful blender with the almond milk.
- Blend and pulse at a high speed, and stop to scrape the mixture down every so often.
- You will notice that the mix will start to become nice and thick. You can enjoy this instantly or put back in the freezer to enjoy later.
- Add your desired toppings and enjoy!
I love banana nice-cream with nuts and seeds! They go so well together and provide loads more nutritional value- you can see the health benefits of nuts and seeds here.
I also added lots of cinnamon on top as I love the flavour and cinnamon acts as a powerful antioxidant for the body!
Fresh or frozen berries will add more delicious flavour and added antioxidants. Frozen berries have just as much (if not more) nutritional value as fresh ones do. Freezing fresh berries is a successful way of preserving their nutrients and phytochemicals.
This makes an amazing breakfast! Especially in this lovely weather we are having 🙂