Good morning! Hope everyone had a lovely weekend and is ready for the week ahead! Yesterday I spent some time in the kitchen, trying out something I had never made before- vegan cookies. I find cookies are always quite tricky to get right… Some people like soft and gooey, some people like crunchy. Personally, I like crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, and amazingly, that is exactly how they turned out! The ingredients I used were chosen because of their nutritional value and their delicious flavour. Like all my recipes, I used only plant based ingredients, and no refined or processed sugars.
What I love about these oat and raspberry vegan cookies, is how fresh and organic they taste. It makes such a difference when you work on healthy recipes to get that whole food, almost ‘earthy’ taste. This recipe is high in fibre and contains a great source of antioxidants.
Ingredients (makes 8 vegan cookies)
- 1 cup of oats
- 3/4 of a cup of buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (melted)
- 1 ripe banana (mashed)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 a cup of pure maple syrup
- 1 cup of fresh, organic raspberries
- In a bowl, combine the oats, buckwheat flour and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the mashed banana, vanilla extract and coconut oil. Then add this gradually to the dry mixture.
- Next mix in the maple syrup, stirring gently with a wooden spoon. Then add the cinnamon.
- Add in the fresh raspberries, and fold in gently. Fold until you start to achieve a dough-like consistency, and leave in the fridge to cool for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius, and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Once chilled, remove the bowl from the fridge and scoop the mixture into 8 round cookies. Make sure they are far enough away on the baking sheet from each other, as they will expand in the oven.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. They should look slightly golden and crispy on the outside.
- Leave too cool on the rack and then enjoy! These oat and raspberry vegan cookies also taste amazing warm!