So, I have been in the kitchen, mixing up some different kinds of recipes recently… I have started making my own moisturising oils, body scrubs and hair care products- all vegan! The homemade vegan moisturiser I am going to tell you about today is my favourite one, that is great as a face and body moisturiser. I apply this every other night before I go to bed, and if I’m washing my hair in the morning, I will put some in my hair too as I find it keeps it looking so silky!
The reason I have started making my own creams and moisturisers is so I know exactly what products I am putting on my skin. I have done a lot of research on this and looked into what oils and vegan ingredients are best to keep your skin looking and feeling young, healthy and glowing. So I am going to sum up for you guys, why and what ingredients I have used and how exactly to go about making your own!
- 1/4 cup of sweet almond oil
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of pure shea butter
- 1 teaspoon of argon oil
- 1/2 teaspoon of vitamin E oil
Almond oil- This is enriched with vitamin E, A and B. It helps unblock pores and seal in moisture to the skin.
Coconut oil- This really will leave your skin feeling beautifully soft. Much research has indicated that coconut oil is great for dry skin and hydrating skin cells. You can read about more of the health benefits of coconut oil here.
Shea butter- This will keep your skin looking healthy, and is perfect for helping to clear up and hydrate any types of dry skin. (Make sure you buy unprocessed/unrefined pure, organic shea butter).
Argan oil- This will help soften and hydrate the skin which is great for keeping the skin’s elasticity; keeping the skin looking youthful.
Vitamin E oil- This acts as a cleaning agent for the skin and can reverse premature ageing
- Place all the ingredients into a jar, and place the jar into a saucepan of water- bring to a low heat.
- Stir the mixture in the jar every so often and make sure the ingredients is all completely melted before removing from the water in the saucepan.
- Then pour the mix into a different jar and allow to cool. I like to keep mine in the fridge as if it is not refrigerated, it can be quite runny!
This organic, vegan moisturiser will leave your skin not only feeling soft and beautiful, but looking lovely and glowing too!
I use this on my face and hair every other day, and on my whole body everyday.