Happy happy Friday! I have some DELICIOUS new vegan treats for you today that are inspired by the oh so yummy ‘peanut butter jelly’ combination! However these are a lot more healthy than your traditional PBJ… Instead of jam, I mashed up some fresh raspberries, to spread on top of organic wholesome peanut butter- these are the ones that are 100% peanuts, with no palm oil. I use meridian nut butters.
Although peanut butter is high in fat… It’s the good kind of fat! The fats that our bodies need.
- Studies have found that peanuts assist in lowering risks of coronary heart disease (CHD) and cardiovascular disease.
- Peanuts are one of the foods which are extremely high in niacin. Studies have found that individuals who consume higher levels of niacin, are 70% less likely to develop Alzheimer’s disease.
- Peanut butter is high in monounsaturated fats and potassium which is good for the bodies heart. This can assist in lowering bad cholesterol levels.
- It also provides good levels of protein for the body good for the bones and muscles.
- 1/2 cup of ground almonds
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1 cup of fresh raspberries
- 150g of dark chocolate (I use 85% vegan chocolate)
- Prepare 6 silicon cupcake cases- lined in a tin (see pictures). You can also use regular cupcakes cases.
- In a bowl, mix together the ground almonds and peanut butter until you achieve a paste like consistency.
- In a separate bowl, melt half the chocolate and pour evenly into the prepared cases, covering the bottom of the cases completely. Leave to set in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the fridge and spread a teaspoon or so of the peanut butter mixture in the middle of each of the chilled chocolate layers.
- In a cup, mash just under a cup of fresh raspberries, and spread evenly across the 6 cups.
- Melt the rest of the chocolate and pour over the raspberry layer so it is covered completely.
- Whilst the top layer of chocolate is still melted, decorate with the leftover raspberries. Leave to set in the freezer for up to an hour.
- Once set, peel them out of their cases and you will be left with 6 deliciously healthy, vegan, dark chocolate peanut butter jelly cups.