Good afternoon! Today I felt like creating a recipe that I could pack with lots and lots of delicious raspberries- as these are my favourite types of berries and they provide us with so many health benefits. I decided to make them with oats as I thought they could also be enjoyed as a healthy on-the-go vegan breakfast raspberry muffin. So I developed this recipe with 100 percent plant-based-ingredients that can be enjoyed anytime, anywhere! The ingredients I used is great for slow releasing energy, which is why I think they are perfect for breakfast. This type of energy is the type that you get from complex carbohydrate that is a lot healthier for your body and will keep you feeling fuller and more energised for longer. Organic raspberry have been found to have significant benefits for our health.
Health benefits of raspberries
- They are extremely high in the antioxidant Vitamin C which aids in protecting and keeping our cells healthy.
- They have been suggested to possess anti-cancer properties due to the anti-inflammatory phytonutrients they contain.
- They can also increase enzyme activity in certain fat cells in the body which, as a result can help control body weight and blood sugar levels, as well as speeding up your metabolism.
Ingredients (makes 6 vegan raspberry muffins)
- 2 cups of wholewheat flour
- 1 cup of porridge oats
- 1/4 cup of coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of agave
- 1 mashed banana
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1/2 cup of soya milk
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh raspberries (mashed)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a cupcake tin with 6 muffin cases.
- In a bowl, combine the wholewheat flour, coconut sugar, baking powder and porridge oats.
- In a separate bowl, mix the plant-based milks, coconut oil and apple cider vinegar.
- Gradually add the wet mixture to the dry mixture recipe, folding in the ingredients gently. Be careful not to over-mix. Stir in the agave and mashed banana.
- Using a fork, mash the fresh raspberries and add to the mixture, mixing in gently.
- Share the mix equally between the 6 prepared muffin cases. Top with extra berries (optional).
- Bake in the oven for approximately 22 minutes and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from the hot tin (still leaving them in their cases).
- You can enjoy these vegan muffins hot or cold. Remove the raspberry muffins from their muffin-cases when you’re ready to eat them!
These oat and raspberry vegan muffins will stay fresh for up to 5 days- to keep them moist, store in a cake tin or tupperware.
Enjoy the recipe!