I am so excited about these! When I travelled to Paris last month, me and my sister managed to find these AMAZING pistachio truffles that were just so good that we ate the whole bag! I decided I needed to make my own but could not find a vegan recipe that I liked anywhere. But today- I managed to develop my own recipe. All through experimenting, I have managed to achieve a healthy vegan version of pistachio truffles that taste absolutely delicious- and they are so simple to make!
Ingredients (makes 12 truffle balls)
- 1/2 cup of unsalted pistachios (unshelled)
- 2 teaspoons of almond butter (peanut butter will work too)
- 1/4 cup of organic agave
- 3/4 cup of ground almonds
- 1/4- 1/2 cup of cacao powder
- Place the pistachios in a food processor and blend until very fine (see picture above).
- Place the pistachio mix in a bowl and add the almond/peanut butter. Then mix in the agave. The mixture should be a little runny at this point.
- Gradually add the ground almonds. Once added, you should achieve a soft dough-like mixture- this can be done using a spoon or your hands.
- Mould the mix into 12 rolled balls- you may find this easier using wet hands.
- On a clean, dry surface, sprinkle out the cacao powder, and individually roll the balls into the powder until they are covered completely.
- Leave to set in the fridge on a plate for an hour. Enjoy chilled or a room temperature!