Who doesn’t like treats like this?! They are easy and simple to make, there’s no baking involved and if you get the right recipe- they are sooo deliciously nutritious! I like using this phrase as this is what I try to promote through my recipes- foods we can eat that satisfy us, taste amazing, and we don’t have to feel guilty about it! It is so important that we do not deprive ourselves of ‘sweet treats’. But how great is it when we find a naturally ‘sweet treat’ that can provide us with some nourishing goodness?!
These raw raspberry balls taste like an absolute dream! I took my raspberry almond balls recipe and altered it slightly to create an intense coconut flavour rolled in with fresh raspberries for a naturally added fruity flavour. I made these raw snacks with organic coconut flour, which is great for boosting your fibre intake as well as providing rich amounts of trace minerals. I also used coconut oil, which is a great plant-based ingredient to have in your kitchen- you can read about the health benefits of this on my nutrition page blog post here.
Ingredients (makes 12 balls)
- 3/4 of a cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 12 fresh raspberries- mashed (or 1 tablespoon of raspberry jam)
- In a bowl, mix together the coconut flour, desiccated coconut and the unsweetened milk.
- Add in the vanilla essence and oil.
- Add the freshly mashed raspberries (or jam) until you reach a doughy paste-like consistency.
- Roll the mixture into 12 evenly sized balls and place in the fridge on baking paper for an hour.
- Enjoy these raw balls chilled! (They will last in the fridge for 4-5 days).