I’ve been wanting to try out some raw, vegan cheesecake bites for a while now and after seeing this delicious recipe on Melanie Lionello’s website, I thought I would give them a go- being that I love peanut butter! I made a few small changes to the ingredients but they went down a treat!
Ingredients (makes 6)
For the base:
- 1/2 cup medjool dates, soaked in hot water and drained
- 1/2 cup almonds
For the cheesecake:
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked in boiling water for 30 mins and drained
- 3 tbs coconut oil
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup of raw cacao powder
- 12 raspberries
- Place the ‘base’ ingredients into a blender and pulse until combined. Holding in a ball, tear off roughly 6 equal portions and press them into a silicone cupcake tray to create the base of the cheesecake bite, place into the freezer.
- Rinse out your blender and add all the ingredients except for the raspberries for the cheesecake.
- Blend on high for 1 minute if using a vitamix (or similar) and until the mixture is completely smooth if using a processor. Take out your bases from the freezer, place 2 raspberries into each of the 6 cupcake holes.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture into each cupcake hole equally freeze for 2-3 hours.
- Pop out of silicone moulds and enjoy!
Find Melanie’s recipe here!