So I have finally perfected the recipe for these nutritious muffins- packed with fresh blueberries and bananas and made purely with plant-based ingredients. You can also alter this easy recipe depending on what fruit you wish to add. These are also great without the blueberries and adding walnuts.
Ingredients (makes 6)
- 2 cups of wholewheat self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup of dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of soya milk
- 1/2 cup of almond milk (or you can use 1 cup of 1 plant-based milk instead of 2 half cups)
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 2 bananas (mashed)
- 1 cup of blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and prepare 6 muffin cases.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine the coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, and the plant-based milk(s).
- Add the wet ingredients mixture to the dry mixture bowl gradually, then mix in the mashed bananas.
- Once the mixture in combined (may be slightly lumpy), fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the prepared muffin cases and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool to for 15-20 minutes.
There’s nothing unhealthy about these muffins! Enjoy!