Having not made anything like this before with absolutely no recipe, I really was just hoping for the best- and they turned out great! These crunchy biscuits with Christmas spices will have your tastebuds tingling. As usual I used only plant-based, whole wheat ingredients and added teaspoons of different spices for a light, healthy treat to enjoy with a green tea! Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup of dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of almond milk
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamonFor the icing
- 1 cup of icing sugar
- 1 tablespoon of coconut milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and line a baking tray with grease proof paper.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, almond milk, maple syrup, and coconut oil.
- Add the whole wheat flour, 1 cup at a time, mixing with a wooden spoon. Then add the ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon. Mix until you achieve a dough-like mixture.
- Roll into medium size balls and gently flatten. Place them on the prepared baking tray and cook in the oven 10-15 minutes depending on how crunchy you want them. (Makes about 16).
- Mix the icing sugar and coconut milk until desired consistency.
- Drizzle the icing over the biscuits. These are best served warm.