Soo I’m pretty excited about these! It’s coming up to Christmas and I’ve been thinking of some Christmassy recipes to try out. If you like coconut, you’ll love these little festive snowballs, they are absolutely delicious!
They don’t need to be baked, are gluten-free and vegan, so everyone can enjoy these little treats!
- 2 cups of shredded coconut, divided
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 1/2- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (depending on how much you like cinnamon!)
- Mix together 1 cup of the shredded coconut with the melted coconut oil. Whisk together until you achieve a past-like consistency.
- Add the coconut milk, vanilla extract, maple syrup and cinnamon. Add 3/4 of a cup of the remaining coconut until mixture is combined.
- Shape the mixture into ball form. You should make 9-12. Leave in the fridge for an hour.
Once your coconut balls have been refrigerated, you can melt some dark chocolate (I used 90% as it is extremely high in antioxidants- check more health benefits of dark chocolate here) and cover the balls in the dark chocolate (or just half of them as to have some plain ones). Then, whilst the chocolate is still melted, sprinkle the leftover coconut onto the balls. You will need to refrigerate them again so the chocolate can harden on top. However, you can always enjoy them as they are 🙂